The Checklist That Every Florida Snowbird Needs
As we approach the Fall months in Florida, the Luxury Maids team eagerly awaits the arrival of some of our most beloved residents: our seasonal snowbird residents! If you own a Florida home that you frequent in the fall and winter months, we can’t wait to see you again. Don’t forget that once you arrive at your Florida home, there are a few things to take care of before getting comfortable.
Ready to make sure that you have all of your bases covered on move-in day? Keep reading for the checklist that every Florida snowbird needs!
• Do a complete walkthrough of your home – does everything look as it should, are there any odds smells, or do you feel a draft coming in?
• Walk around the outside perimeter of your home as well – take note of any areas that need sweeping or if your lawn needs to be mowed.
• Check your HVAC system upon arrival: ensure that it turns on properly, and change any filters if necessary.
• Test your thermostat, fire alarm and carbon monoxide alarm batteries to ensure that all work.
• Plus in any electronics that may have been unplugged last season, like TVs, printers, lamps and computers.
• Check all towels and blankets to make sure that they smell fresh. If not, toss them in the wash!
We can’t wait to see you back in Florida this fall and winter season! Find that your seasonal home needs a bit of refreshing? Call on us for a cleaning and consider it done.